To raise awareness of the International Concrete Repair Institute as well as promote the development of future professionals with an interest in the concrete repair and protection arena. This annual Scholarship Award will provide financial assistance for undergraduate students currently enrolled in course work related to the repair and protection of concrete. Funding for the Scholarship Award will be provided through the ICRI S.E. Florida Chapter.
Each scholarship awarded under this program will be valid for one year from the time of award and must be used towards the completion of a degree from an accredited institution of higher learning. Each scholarship shall be awarded in the month of August or December every year.
In order to be eligible for the ICRI S.E. Florida Scholarship Award all participants must:
- Be an undergraduate student of an accredited college or university
- Have completed at least one year of undergraduate studies with intentions of graduating
- Be a U.S. citizen or a resident alien
- Reside within the boundaries of the ICRI S.E. Florida Chapter
The selection committee will be comprised of individuals, all ICRI S.E. Florida Chapter members, to be selected by the current board of directors.
The following criteria have been set forth by the selection committee and must be met by the applicant before any award consideration can be made:
- The applicant must have substantially completed or will complete at least one (1) years of undergraduate study from an accredited institution within the United States.
- The applicant must be enrolled in an accredited undergraduate program related to concrete design, materials, construction, or any combinations of these.
- The applicant must be a United States citizen or resident alien capable in the English language. A written statement attesting to this capability must be furnished upon request.
- The ICRI S.E. Florida Chapter must receive a completed, typewritten application prior to July 31st 2020. The application shall be accompanied by the following, with additional materials attached as necessary:
- A current transcript
- An essay (maximum 1000 words) including educational goals, extra curricular activities, career interests, interest in concrete involving design, materials, and/or construction thereof
- Letter(s) of recommendation by two parties; at least one letter of recommendation should be from a faculty member at the institution of higher education where the applicant is currently enrolled
Applications will not be considered unless all of the above requirements are met.
Applications may be obtained anytime by contacting Julius Hader at 954-980-8774 or email Julius@bengoaconstruction.com.
Applications must be submitted to the: Scholarship Committee
ICRI S.E. Florida
c/o Julius Hader
2200 N. Dixie Highway
Hollywood, FL 33020
Selection of Award Recipients
Upon receipt of all applications on or before July 31st 2020, The ICRI S.E. Florida Chapter Scholarship Committee shall review the applications for completeness and correctness of information. The ICRI S.E. Florida Chapter Scholarship Committee will consider those applicants who have satisfactorily completed the application for this award. Applicants will be chosen based on merit including ICRI participation, educational performance, career goals, extracurricular activities, references, etc.
Amount and Payment of Scholarship Award
The ICRI S.E. Florida Chapter Scholarship Committee shall determine the amount of the award to be granted, but in no case shall the award be less than $1000.00.
A check will be made payable to the institution of which the scholarship recipient is currently attending. Instructions will be made to release funds only after the recipient has completed registration. Recipients failing to provide proof of registration for the following semester, will be notified to forfeit the award.
Recipients of any ICRI S.E. Florida Chapter Scholarship may be eligible for future scholarships conditional upon the satisfactory progress toward completion of the degree requirements, continued participation in ICRI S.E. Florida Chapter meetings, and availability of scholarship funds. A new application form with current transcript must be submitted for further consideration.
Funding for the Award
Funding for the award will be provided by the ICRI S.E. Florida Chapter Scholarship Committee.
Presentation of the Award
The ICRI S.E. Florida Chapter Scholarship Committee will announce the Scholarship Award recipient(s) at an ICRI S.E. Florida Chapter meeting. Award recipient(s) will be notified by mail with time and date of award meeting. Recipient(s) must be present at the award meeting in order to except the award. A plaque may also be presented to the recipient(s) of any scholarship award. Written notice of the award may also be submitted to the Concrete Repair Bulletin for publication.